Sunday 6 January 2013

Winter Snow Globe

Today was a gorgeous day to be outside so that's exactly where we spent our day. My parents invited us over for breakfast and to enjoy some playtime outside. Not only do I love my mom's cooking (think sausages, bacon, salmon quiche, croissants...) but it's awesome when the kids can enjoy the snow without freezing. So after we filled out bellies, we took the twenty minutes it takes to get the kids dressed in their snow gear (seriously, you get Parker's snow pants, boots and mitts on; and just as I begin putting on his coat I notice that he has already wrestled his mitts off) and made our way outdoors. Mom and dad pulled their baby sled out of storage and we found a couple of saucers in their garage - talk about some serious old.school.fun!

It was Parker's first time being on a sled and towards the end of the afternoon he actually ventured onto a saucer with us!


Mom and dad added a cute faux (I've been correct by my mom ~ apparently this wasn't anything fake about it) fur piece to the bottom of the sled which was just too cute! Note to parents: we.absolutely.love. these boots that we bought from kijiji.ca - Stonz Wear Baby Booties. Not only do we love that they are a Canadian product, however they are perfect for "chubbier" feet and they are great for both winter and fall - in the fall you simply just take out the liners. I'm also a huge fan of garage sales and second hand items, especially when it comes to baby clothes and accessories. Almost everything you see Parker wearing has been bought second hand, except for his mitts which we bought from The Children's Place and if my memory serves me correctly, I had used a coupon from a previous purchase to buy these mitts and matching hat (not currently wearing in this photo though).



This is Parking sitting on top of a hill as his Poppa (grandfather) sings, "You're the King of the castle".



My mom enjoyed pulling Parker in the sled as her dog Corky trotted behind.


Alex also had a blast building snowmen and making snow angels. Right before we headed inside for some coffee & Bailey's, and of course hot cocoa for Alex, it started snowing ~ we felt like we were in our very own winter snow globe ~ absolutely beautiful and a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.



A little note about my photos - I've had my camera for about two months and I've only managed to read about 45 pages of the manual. We were in Florida this year during Black Friday and I bought a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I'll be honest and say that when I made this purchase, I knew (and continue to know) nothing about dslr cameras. However, I have been wanting to upgrade from our point and shoot camera and so far, I am loving this camera!


1 comment:

  1. probably find a you tube on your camera, if that is any faster than reading.
    Love the pics -

    ReplyDelete