Monday 7 January 2013

Parker's Monster Bash Mood Board & Invitation

While Parker is napping I got started on planning the "fun" details for his upcoming birthday party. (1) We've chosen a date - Saturday, February 2nd, which happens to be the last Saturday before I return to work. (2) Rob and I had already chosen a theme for my (hahah just kidding) his party - MONSTERS!! I found some cute monster clip art on Etsy and decided that we could save some money by making and printing our own invitations and decorations for the party. We did successfully DIY our wedding, so really, my baby's first birthday party shouldn't be THAT difficult - confession: I am a bit of a control freak, I wouldn't go as far as saying I'm a perfectionist however details are important to me <insert smiley face!!>

So this week I hope to mail out the invitations and buy some decorations. I created a mood board for Parker's Monster Party in hopes of inspiring me to get on with the DIY!!



(1) Balloons - they are coming back with a bang. When we were shopping around for our wedding I saw these cute balloons at a store in Kingston - Cody Party Store. I love the colours!

(2) Pinterest find - love these cups - simple and cute, easy to make and not a budget breaker!

(3) I.love.chevron images/prints - love this new trend and will definitely be incorporating this into the party decor.

(4) Our insipiration for the party - these monster printable clip arts from this Etsy seller - they are cute, fun and the we love the bright colours which are perfect for a little man's first birthday party.

Here is the actual birthday invitation that our guests will be receiving:


I'm also working on a special gift for Parker that requires me to learn how to use a specific program - fingers crossed, hoping that it doesn't take me too long to learn the ins and outs of this program!



2 comments:

  1. Don't let Parker swallow the googly eyes!
    Cute ideas - you are going to have fun.
    Take lots of pics

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe magic marker eyes for the little guy

    ReplyDelete